Treasure Tampa is defining creative placemaking as the utilization of creative talent to elevate a community through cross-sector and community partnerships.
- Creativity: The heart of the creative placemaking project must be art, creativity, artists, or culture.
- Community: The community impacted by the creative placemaking project must be involved either in the design, creation, or implementation of the project.
- Collaboration: The creative placemaking project will be a multi-sector partnership between the public, private, or non-profit sectors. A minimum of two sectors are expected to be involved in the project.
- Region: The creative placemaking project must happen completely within the City of Tampa (Tampa Map, check the address here) or the primary service area of the University Area Community Development Corporation (UACDC Map).
Special Considerations: aspects of the creative placemaking project that will be taken into consideration but are not required.
- Diversity embraced
- Local artists employed
- Low socioeconomic status population impacted
- Event or project is accessible to all populations.
- Works to solve a well defined community problem
Treasure Tampa will fund a total of $30,000 to one or multiple creative placemaking projects in each grant cycle. The amount awarded to each project may vary. Letters of interest should not exceed a $30,000 request.
Funding is for a 12 month period beginning on the date the grant recipient is announced. The creative placemaking project must start within 6 months of that date, and be completed within one year.
Please check out our FAQ for additional information.
Interested in partnering or collaborating with us on Treasure Tampa? Contact Us!